Filtering by Tag: Generations
So much has been happening over the past several months. With all the flurry of activity, it's been hard to keep up! So here's the breakdown of all the places you can catch me over the summer (with more to come:
3. The music video I co-produced/co-directed with Gabriel Diamond, "Rise/Vulnerable Rally," will have its festival world premiere at the Dances With Films Festival at the Chinese Theatre in LA on June 15. After the screening will be a Vulnerable Rally.
4. I will be co-teaching two classes at the Northern California Dance Collective's Summer Dance Camp June 15-24: Blindfolded Contact & Somatic Consent.
5. June 27 at 7pm I will be co-teaching Blindfolded Contact with Gabriel Diamond before Ecstatic Dance.
6. June 29 Gabriel Diamond and I will be facilitating a 3-hour long Blindfolded Contact workshopin Berkeley, CA from 7-10pm.
7. My book, Reclaiming Eros: A Heroine's Journey, is nearing the finish line! Stay up to date by joining my mailing list.
More to come dear ones in the coming months...
I am thrilled to announce that a short film I wrote, Generations, is currently in pre-production and will begin shooting in Spring 2017. My dear friend, George Maguire, approached me in September to write a film about family secrets & coming to terms with one's heritage. The film is inspired by his own life & family history. After writing a few drafts, we quickly assembled our amazing creative team: Kourosh Ahari (director), Alex Bretow (producer) & Nancy Madden (associate producer/cast). This project is deeply personal and a labor of love for us all.
Please take a moment to watch the video and check out some of our fun perks. And remember that your contribution is 100% tax-deductible--so get it in before December 31.
This is a huge creative step for me as a writer & artist. I hope you all will continue to be a part of that journey by donating and/or sharing this post. You can also like our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/generationsthefilm/
Much love to you all and thank you for your support.
ABOUT THE FILM
GENERATIONS is a film that follows the story of Bill, a doctor who must learn to accept himself after tragedy at work and family conflict provoke him to discover the truth about his lineage.
GENERATIONS explores how vulnerability can be a catalyst for moving through personal shame and ancestral wounding—a journey that can help heal generations of the past and generations yet to come.
I am thrilled to announce that I am working on a short film, Generations. I was commissioned to write this piece by the esteemed George Maguire, who has been a figure in film & TV for several years. Generations follows the story of Bill, a doctor who is provoked by a tragedy at work and conflict at home to discover the truth about himself and his lineage. Filming begins in Spring 2017.